[Zope-CMF] Using Topics to search based on a Scriptable Type

Bill Anderson bill@immosys.com
02 Sep 2001 03:03:13 -0600

On Thu, 2001-08-30 at 09:25, kamon ayeva wrote:

> >From: Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com>
>
> >Don't make the 'meta_type' in the TypeInformation object different than the
> >'meta_type' of the instance (which would be 'Document' in this case).
> >Your search should be aimed only at 'Type', not at 'meta_type'.
> >
> >Tres.
> >--
>
> Sorry but its still not clear for me. If criteria: Type='Document', I get
> all Documents. If Type=<the id I gave the Scriptable Type>, I get nothing.

This is a change in the UI for ST I've lobbied for. On the form, it
provides a field for 'meta_type', but it *really* means 'Type'. use what
you put in *this* field (the one that *says* meta_type, but *means*
'Type'.

Personally, I make the 'meta_type' field what I want, say 'Book Review',
for example, and then search on it using the 'Type' field. Works like a
charm here.

Bill