PageTemplate Error (was Re: [Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow version 0.4)

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Sun, 02 Sep 2001 23:41:05 -0400

Bill Anderson wrote:

> On Fri, 2001-08-31 at 09:23, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>
>>I've just posted version 0.4 of DCWorkflow.
>>
>>http://cmf.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/DCWorkflow-0.4.tar.gz/file_view
>>
>>With help from Ulrich, the implementation of workflow variables is now
>>complete.  You can set up variable expressions on transitions and
>>variable values on states.  Variables give you a *lot* of flexibility in
>>workflows; try them out!
>>
>>It is now required that you have the PageTemplates product installed.
>>

> Crap. I can't seem to get PT to work. :(
>
> I've tried the releases, I've tried the CVS verson. Nada. Here is what I
> get:
>
> ===============
> ImportError: cannot import name PageTemplate
>

> ------
> 2001-09-01T17:55:30 ERROR(200) Zope Couldn't install PageTemplates
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File /home/Zope/Zope-2.4.0-src/lib/python/OFS/Application.py, line
> 657, in install_product
>     (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
>     (Info: PageTemplates)
>   File
> /home/Zope/Zope-2.4.0-src/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/__init__.py,
> line 96, in initialize
> AttributeError: 'Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate' module has no
> attribute 'initialize'
>
> =====================
>
> I've looked at the source, and the method sure looks there to me. :(
>
> Is it an issue with z2.4 and/or py2.1 ?

I have CMFDecor / ZPT running on a 2.4 setup;  I think that you
may have missed the requirment to install TAL and ZTUtils as
*packages* (i.e., in ${SOFTWARE,INSTANCE}_HOME/lib/python) rather
than as *products* (in $SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Proudcts or
$INSTANCE_HOME/Products).

Check the traceback for the PageTemplates product in the Control Panel;
I bet it is complaining that it can't import from TAL.

Tres.