[Zope-CMF] New Content Type ...More detailed ... please help

Marc Fischer marcbpc@gmx.de
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:40:15 +0200 (MEST)

Hello again,

I think I have to describe my problem much more detailed. Ok, I want to
create a ZClass-based new portal content type named "Projects". A Project must be
able to contain other portal content like documents, pictures and so on. It
also must have some new attributes and it is very important, that those
attributes are searchable! I still do not know, from which types I should derive
my new class. I tried several things with several problems :-):

If I derive: 1. from portal content, and 2. from portal folder:

If I create a new "Project"-object, go to its folder_contents and insert a
document in it, then this document is not shown in the folder_contents. But I
exists!!! I am also not able to see it in the ZMI, because If I klick on the
project, the ZMI only shows the meta_information - not it's content!

If I derive: 1. from portal folder and 2. from portal content:

Now NEARLY everything works fine. I am able to insert documents in my
"Project" and they are shown in the folder_contents ... (WOW!!!) :-)
BUT: I had to recognize, that even if a project is not published, anyone can
access it and search for it. (arghhhhh)

What's wrong? Perhabs there is someone out there, who is able to explain me
the right way.

Thanks again ... hoping for a solution ...

Marc