[Zope-CMF] How to manage and deploy portal boxes?

Ausum augusto@artlover.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 07:15:41 -0500

What programming strategies would you follow to provide  portal boxes
(portlets in the Oracle's terminology), like in commercial portal
applications?
Surfing the web I've arrived to the testdrive of the portal application from
Computer Associates, Jasmine. For all the interested on its features, who
haven't seen it already, I've created a test account in this address:
http://portaltestdrive.ca.com:8081
    userid:   testuser123
pasword:   usertest

Is there something equivalent in the works at ZC, wich it isn't already in
the CVS? Is this was to be a CMF product, which of its current
tools/products would you use, arrange, or rely on for that?

Thanks in advance,

Ausum

p.s. Please don't take the above as publicity. I'm way far from that. I just
want to share what's out there (wich haven't been mentioned here before) in
order for us to achieve and surpass those functionalities, when possible.