[Zope-CMF] ZMF vs ZEO

James Johnson jimbo@tacomait.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:30:51 -0700

Jens,
  How many times do you have to repeat the same thing? I try to help out but
you assume way too much. Please don't waste time repeating yourself to me I
can read.

 I'll try this one more time

>===== Original Message From Jens Vagelpohl <jens@zope.com> =====
>james,
>
>zexps cannot put stuff onto your file system. if there is a filesystem
>directory view  installed by that product the zexp cannot miraculously
>access your file system to dump stuff into it.

  What are you talking about? Why would it have to dump stuff that should
already be there.  I'm talking about a customized instance of your CMF
product, which is already installed on my system.

  So what your saying is,

>either the product author forgot to add those files to the package (must

  This is possible.

>be separate, it's not part of the zexp) or you did not unpack those
>separate files if the author did indeed deliver them with the product.

    I did unpack them and the product and the zexp appear unbroken.

>this is not a CMF issue, it's an issue of that specific product.
>
>jens

  What you fail to understand Jens is that zexp, and the CMF aren't mmmanager
products and that there is a problem with the CMF.  That's why I responded to
this thread.  I'm having the same problem minus the ZEO.  I will start a new
thread on this later.
  For now I will spell it out once again.
  When I import a customized version of a portal. Specifically
Generic_uk.zexp.
  When I look under contents, I see 7 folders. 6 FDV 1 Folder.  The folders
are
Images
MyMediaManager
content
control
custom
generic
topic
   Like I said in my original post why would the all the skin directories be
empty? Aren't these the skin directories?
You mean if one skin folder fails the others fail too?  If that's the case I
thought the instance would appear broken.