[Zope-CMF] I18n

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:05:39 -0400

Joachim Werner wrote:

 >> the harder problem is to indirect the display text through
 >> something like the 'gettext' mechanism.  We plan to be addressing
 >> this problem as part of a consulting gig which should start
 >> Real Soon Now (TM).
 >>

 > Hi Tres!
 >
 > Please try ZBabel first before you write your own stuff. It still
 > needs some work (e.g. there is no syntax for using it from ZPT
 > yet), but it is really cool!

We certainly hope to leverage the work done by ZIP/EuroZope,
including ZBabel.  I haven't yet had time to look at alternatives,
but ZBabel is definitely at the top of my list.

How does it handle content negotiation, BTW?  ZBabel is primarily
for internationalization of the application / skin, rather than
content, correct?  How are y'all dealing with the separate (but
related) problem of serving alternative translations for content?

Tres.