[Zope-CMF] failIfLocked problem

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 22:49:40 +0200

Kevin Carlson writes:
 > There is no Error Type or Error Value shown on the page.  In the same place
 > that "Metadata changed" is usually displayed in bold red type (in the basic
 > skin) "failIfLocked" is displayed instead.
That is a completely different thing.

It is a "portal_status_message" set in "skins/control/metadata_edit"
when an exception occurs.

Apparently, my CMF is newer. I would get a "This resource is locked via WebDAV".

For some unknown reason, your object has a non empty "_dav_writelocks"
attribute.

Is it possible that you use a newer IE (6.x) or Office 2000 tool
to access your Web site? Then, it might be possible that it
uses WebDAV even when you are not aware of this.

If this is not the case, I would start debugging.
"webdav.Lockable.LockableItem.wl_lockmapping"
is a good place for a breakpoint in the "if locks is None"
"if create" branch.

Dieter