[Zope-CMF] failIfLocked problem

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 23:27:42 +0200

Kevin Carlson writes:
 > There is no Error Type or Error Value shown on the page.  In the same place
 > that "Metadata changed" is usually displayed in bold red type (in the basic
 > skin) "failIfLocked" is displayed instead.
I think, I solved your problem:

  My earlier analysis was partly wrong.
  The problem has nothing to do with WebDAV!
  You need not to debug!

  The real problem is an "AttributeError: failIfLocked".
  It is caused because you combine a "PortalFolder" with
  a "DublinCore" class.

  "DublinCore"'s "metadata_edit" calls "failIfLocked".
  This is defined by "PortalContent" but not be
  "PortalFolder".

  Thus, you cannot combine "PortalFolder" and "DublinCore"
  alone. It might help (so not sure) that deriving
  also from "PortalContent" might solve the problem.

This may be a bug. At your place, I would probably
file a bug report to

     <http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker>

Dieter