[Zope-CMF] Plone in Netscape 4

David Harvey (Hamish) david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk
05 Apr 2002 10:28:00 +0100

I am evaluating the Plone skin (having already settled on Zope+CMF) for
a web site I am building. I like it, I've finally (after three weeks)
started to get my head round how all the different pieces fit together.
I've just tried it in Netscape 4.77 on linux, however, and the lines at
the start of the page headed

<!-- Basic crude style for Netscape4.x and other CSS1 browsers -
         can be removed if you don't want to support those browsers
         specifically. Site will still be viewable, but look a bit
         stripped :) -->

don't appear to work: the site is completely broken. Even stranger, if I
log in to the site through Mozilla, change the skin to CMF Basic, and
then refresh (or shut down, restart, log in again) in Netscape, I still
get a bad rendering of the Plone skin. Any ideas?

I don't think I need perfect support of netscape 4, and it'll never be
pretty, but it really needs to be functional.

Cheers,
Hamish