[Zope-CMF] Types, meta_type, content_meta_type, etc...

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:08:59 -0400

seb bacon wrote:
>> The 'Type()' of a TypeInformation object is currently mis-defined
>> to return the TIO's title/id;  this is *wrong*, because the Title
>> of a TIO *is* presentation (it should be localizable, for instance).
>> The *desired* implementation would be always to return the ID for
>> a TIO's 'Type()', which should always be identical to the 'Type()'
>> of instances which are created from it.
>

> Hooray!  I've been worried about that for about a year, not being sure
> if I was right or not.
>
> I wonder if there are any backwards-compatibility issues...?

I talked with Tres, and we agreed that we should be simply using the
getId() method of the type info object.  I think we also agreed that
TIO's shouldn't have a "Type" method at all, since that implies a
behavior TIO's don't have.

Shane