[Zope-CMF] New CMF based site

Tim Hoffman timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:48:54 +0800

Hi Folks

In case you might be interested a new CMF based site that we (3 people)
have been working
on for just over 2 months (conception to delivery) has just gone live.
http://www.designingfutures.wa.gov.au (which is a follow on from our Gem
site www.gem.wa.gov.au)

There is still some work to be done (ie decent stylesheets for Netscape
4.x under Unix ;-(
A consciuous decision was made to adopt a 1024x768, it is a graphic
intensive site
(I would have liked to see layout done with just CSS, but I am afraid
tables is it in this release ;-)

It uses extended metadata heavily, it is CMF 1.2 based, ZPT, our own
external file/image class
which stores multiple resolutions of images as jpegs (uses PIL) and does
things like cropping and
putting borders on at authoring time.  Heavy use of topics to organise
exhibits.

The site is just starting out, so there isn't a lot of content yet. Plus
some performance tuning needs to be done
but it's a start.

See ya

Tim Hoffman