[Zope-CMF] publishing content - dumb question

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:52:41 -0400

Hi Daniel,

No, you're not missing something obvious.  When an object is published the
state changes to public and the logic in the skins then "finds" the object
and displays its availability to the user.  Yes, the object stays in the
users folder.

However, if your application is like mine, and you don't wish to display the
names of users to the general public that is browsing your portal site, then
moving the object to a common repository is necessary.  The best way to do
this is with the DCWorkflow product using a script.  I'm working on doc to
go along with a script to do a generic move of an object whenever the
content is submitted.  I will post later this week when completed.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-cmf-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-cmf-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
Of Daniel Mahler
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 7:38 AM
To: zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: [Zope-CMF] publishing content - dumb question

Hi,

I cannot work out how content gets published.
I can create content with a member account,submit it
and then "publish" it with a reviewer account,
but all that happens is that the state changes to public.
I expected publishing to actually put the content
in a global/public place and perform some kind of notification
rather than just make the object visible.
I would expect publishing a news item would post it
on some bulletin board or something,
like it seems to on cmf.zope.org.
This does not happen by default with
and out of the box CMF1.3b.
No online documentation
or Zope book (I own 3 and my boss owns the 4th)
discusses this aspect of CMF.
Am I missing something really obvious?

thanks

Daniel