[Zope-CMF] No member folder being created

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
01 Aug 2002 15:11:08 -0400

On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 14:59, BZ wrote:
>  Ok.. I know this is probably either a small bug or a configuration
> problem but my newness to the CMF era is showing.
>
> I created a couple of CMF sites (Python 2.1, Zope. 2.5.1, CMF 1.3 Beta 2)
> and when someone "joins" using the join_form they get the success page and
> get created in acl_users but no folder in /Members/
>
> I am sure this is something so simple, but all the searching and googling
> and I can't find the answer.

The membership has a knob for enabling / disabling member folder
creation;  the knob has been around for a while, but a bugfix in CMF
1.3b2 exposed the fact that the default value for this knob was
disabled.  The CVS version for both the 1.3 branch and the head reversed
this;  in the meanwhile, you can visit the "Configuration" tab of the
'portal_membership' tool and toggle the setting there.

Tres.