[Zope-CMF] removing members

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 03:15:18 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Pharis  <jpharis@rtl.org> wrote:

> Im curious if there is a proper way to remove members. I have been going
> to acl_users deleting the member and then deleting the members folder.
> Even after I delete the member the member is still listed in the
> local_role form and if he had been assigned a role he is still listed
> there.
>
> Is this standard CMF behavior or have I brought this on my self?

Yep, it's standard Zope behavior actually, local roles just store the
usernames as strings, and don't check their existence.

You could write a method that trolls the database and checks any
obsolete local roles, but it would be very costly.

The only additional things CMF has w.r.t. removing members are:
- member areas, as you found out,
- member data stored in the memberdata tool, which you can purge using
  the button for that in the tool.

Florent