[Zope-CMF] Re: search created

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 10:24:38 -0700

On Saturday, August 3, 2002, at 10:05  AM, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 18:50, Carl Rendell wrote:
>>> http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFDefault/skins/generic/doFormSearch.py.diff?r1=
>>> 1.2&r2=1.3
>>
>> I'm also having a problem with the search form, but this fix only
>> solved one of the problems. The other I'm having is based on
>> creation date. For some reason when I include the 'created'
>> key/value pair in the request.. I get 0 items back.
>
> Is your parameter a created:date parameter, like search_form does?
>
> With the current 1.3 branch I have it working, for instance if I
> request
> the documents created since yesterday it does:
>
> http://localhost:8180/cmf/search?...&created%3Adate=2002%2F08%2F02&created_usage=
> range%3Amin&...
>
> and I get back two documents.
>

> On that topic, the default "created" search of search_form (Find new
> items since 'Ever') is slow because it passes a created parameter that
> is actually useless. I'll think I'll change that.
>

> Florent

Digging deeper... found that there are no problems with the
creation date if I start with a 'fresh' CMF site within the same
zope instance. There must be some issue with the catalogs or
indexes from the CMF sites which were converted from CMF 1.1...

Everything else seems to work perfectly.. just the creation date
issue. Any clues as to what could be awry with my older catalogs?

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z