[Zope-CMF] Call for support - Making installing CMF products easier

Adrian Hungate adrian@haqa.co.uk
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 23:08:28 +0100

I am working on a product that is intended to make installing CMF products
into existing portals as easy as possible.

To do this, I have created an API which allows CMF products to register
"Toolsets" that is, groups of classes, skin-folders etc, to be added to a
portal. The site manager can then choose which Toolsets to install by
clicking on Install buttons next to the toolset name.

The intention is also to allow the easy removal of Toolsets that are no
longer needed.

What I would like is to get some CMF authors to try out
CMFInstallerTechnology, and give me some feedback so that I can make this
something everyone wants to use.

Drop me a line, and/or check it out from my CVS -
:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.haqa.co.uk:/usr/cvsroot/Products/CMFInstallerTechnology

There are still a few glitches to workout (Don't use the refresh tab on the
product unless you really have to - It sometimes stops the installer working
at the moment) but this is only about 8 hours old, so I guess I'm allowed a
few bugs! :)

Adrian...

--
Adrian Hungate