[Zope-CMF] Extensible Metadata

ctmobile@gocept.com ctmobile@gocept.com
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:14:54 +0200

Hi.

I don't know how deep this issue has been discussed in the last time,
but I'm realising the first *real* CMF-based commercial solution here,
and have a real need for a modified set of meta data. I googled around
a bit, but didn't find anything useful, only a message between shane and
tres (i think it was tres ...), which is dated from summer 2001, about
implementing some extensible metadata framework for cmf 1.1. I think
this didn't happen, hmm?

I now need to decide if i should hack the DublinCore (not my preference,
because updating will get hard ...) or seek to implement an extension to
the metadata tool to actually do the real indirection thing. If there is
interest in a clean solution, (i need to be done in about 2-3 weeks) please
mail me asap, I also am on #zope (my nick is Theuni). I am willing to
write the code and things, but I need some feedback about what the core cmf
ppl think ... and I also would like too see those major changes get into
the CMFCore too. I already concerned some things like backwards compatibility
etc and think those things could work.

Thanks for listening, over and out

Christian Theune