[Zope-CMF] Proposition: Favourite with absolute url AND the query - any idea

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 13:47:04 +0300

Hi,

I was just playing around with CMF and favorites. While trying to save a=20
  lsit of search results as a favorite, I noticed that it is not=20
possible, since it only takes the absolute url of the object.

Ofcourse the same effect could be done with topics - BUT I am now=20
thinking about a user: John Doe. User does his search and sees that yes,=20
here are the most important files for me with all the different=20
critearias 'pr0n' + 'portal_type:image' etc. What does he think when he=20
tries to save the results list.

Would there be any idea to save the absolute_url and the query. I said=20
that one reason why it would make sense, but are there downsides?=20
Possible saving in the agruments also portal messages etc. that would be=20
shown again and again after that?

I just browsed through fast, but as far as I can see this would reguire=20
changes to ActionInformation.py in CMF Core.

Any thougths?

--=20
Heimo Laukkanen
Oy Fountain Park Ltd
H=E4meentie 153 B, 00560 Helsinki, Finland
tel. +358 9 777 68 161, gsm +358 40 759 1110, fax +358 9 777 68 100
http://www.fountainpark.org