[Zope-CMF] error on renaming a custom content type

Aaron Payne aaron@aaronpayne.com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:55:55 -0500

Hi Florent,

On Sunday, August 4, 2002, at 08:19  AM, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> I can't see what's wrong offhand.
>
> CMFDefault.Image works ok.

No, that resulted in a broken product.  The error stated that
CMFDefault.Image was not a class object.

>  You should derive from CMFDefault.Image only (and don't call other
> classes' __init__, that's not clean, call
> CMFDefault.Image.Image.__init__). Start with a minimal empty class
> sublcassing Image that just renames the class. Test that it works. Then
> add one by one your methods and test at each step.

I took your advice and now I have a working cmf skin.  Thanks for
helping a python novice.

Aaron