[Zope-CMF] Turning Off Member Area Creation

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:31:17 +0200

Alvin Obed writes:
 > I have a question with regards to the membership tool.  I would like to turn
 > off member area creation and use a common work area for a particular role of
 > user.  For example, I have two types of users - contributors and viewers.  A
 > viewer must authenticate and can only view material and don't have their own
 > membership area.  In contrast, contributors have their own area and submit
 > material as per norm.
 >
 > I'm currently using the mysqlUser folder and I'm sure nested in some
 > classes, Zope has the capability to do what I would like it to do... it's a
 > matter of knowing how :).  I would appreciate some direction as how this can
 > be achieved!
Of course, these too kinds of users must be created differently.

One approach would be to turn off member folder creation and
let the viewers join by registration.
Contributors are created by a special method (from an administrator).
The External Method would make first normally create the user
(as it done during registration) and then additionally create the
member folder. Look in the API's to find out what methods are
available.

Dieter