[Zope-CMF] Worklist Question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 19:53:27 +0200

Rease Nash writes:
 > I am trying to add a worklist which will display in the action box how
 > many documents a user currently has in the private state (much like the
 > worklist that shows a reviewer how many pending documents they have).  I
 > think that I am having a problem with the guards.
 >
 > When I set the Guard to "role: Member", I get the display in the action
 > box, but it shows the number of private documents in the whole site, not
 > just the number of that member's private documents.
 >
 >  When I set the guard to "role: Owner" (logic being that all members are
 > the owner of their own documents), nothing shows up in the action box at
 > all.
Worklists have the portal object as context object against which roles
are checked. Thus, the above restricts the action to the "Owner"
of the portal.

I think (am almost sure) that Flaurent extended the guards in CMF 1.3
to allow for dynamic values in guard expressions.
I expect (though I am not sure), that you can use something like:

  Creator: %(user)s

You need CMF 1.3, at least...

Dieter