[Zope-CMF] Does 'mxm Easy product' work for CMF?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
07 Aug 2002 15:26:04 -0400

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 10:14, Max M wrote:
> Jeffrey_Franks@i-o.com wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know if the Zope product 'mxm Easy product'
> >is compatable with CMF?
> >

> Don't know much about the CMF, but the Easy product is just an ordinary
> product. So if an ordinary product will work, the easy product will too.
>
> My bet is that there are some rules to abide by though to make any
> product work in the CMF. Thos rules will also need to be followed when
> using an easy product as base,

If your product registers new content classes, they must implement the
DublinCore interfaces, along with a minimal "Contentish" interface.
The usual way to satisfy this requirement is to mix in base classes;
you are free, however, to implement them another way in your product.

The __init__.py of your product is responsible for registering the
content types, skins, and tools it offers;  I don't think mxm will
interfere (or help) with this process.

Other than that, I can't see why an mxm-derived product would work
differently than one coded from scratch.

Tres.