[Zope-CMF] How to translate Plone site to Spanish

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar j-david@noos.fr
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 10:29:11 +0200

Lalo Martins wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 01:15:04PM -0500, alan runyan wrote:
>

>>so the answer is: at the moment, the utilities that would allow plone to be
>>i18n ready are being worked on.
>>They are in various states.  I envision i18n infrastructure starting the
>>land in the next 45 days.  Until then..
>>I'm not quite sure what you can do ;'(
>>

>In short: you can use zbabel or localizer, but both will leave you with a
>deadly slow site. So I'd say, wait some more days.

Internationalization comes with a performance price, of course.

However the expression "deadly slow" sounds a bit strong, I hope
you base this affirmation in some real experience or tests. It's
certainly a too strong expression for my own experience. If you've
done some tests (with Localizer), please send them to me.

Second, the internationalization support that will come with
Zope 2.7 also will have a performance impact. How do you know it
won't be "deadly slow"? how do you know it will be faster than
the currently available solutions?

I'm sorry if these lines sound a bit strong, but the "deadly slow"
expression sounds a bit gratuitous to me.

Best regards,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software