[Zope-CMF] How to translate Plone site to Spanish

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar j-david@noos.fr
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 16:01:26 +0200

Lalo Martins wrote:

>On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 10:29:11AM +0200, Juan David Ibáñez Palomar wrote:
>

>>Lalo Martins wrote:
>>

>>>In short: you can use zbabel or localizer, but both will leave you with a
>>>deadly slow site. So I'd say, wait some more days.
>>>

>>However the expression "deadly slow" sounds a bit strong, I hope
>>you base this affirmation in some real experience or tests. It's
>>certainly a too strong expression for my own experience. If you've
>>done some tests (with Localizer), please send them to me.
>>

>No. I've done tests with ZBabel. I said "deadly" in a very practical sense -
>it was so slow that one of my customers aborted the project.
>
>http://www.laranja.org:8080/ is a plone site running with i18n via ZBabel.
>Check out http://www.laranja.org/ if you think this speed is due to a slow
>network connection or something.

I don't know which is the performance impact of ZBabel. A Zope/CMF
site is quite complex, skins also have a price, and ZPT is known to
be slower than DTML. I think a bit of profiling is needed to identify
"responsabilities".

Well, I'm happy to know there aren't evidences of Localizer being
deadly slow.

Best regards,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software