[Zope-CMF] info about Zope action objects!

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:53:28 -0500

> Hi,
> Can some one tell me how the concept of action works in
> zope-cmf/plone?
> When one does listFilteredActionsFor(object)
> how and from where all does it fetch the action objects from?

portal_actions (which registers other tools as possible action_providers)
it will ask these providers what actions they hve registered themselves.

> Where all can i get the object corresponding to
> user actions, folder actions, object actions, and global actions
> using the ZMI?

portal_actions

> Hope someone can guide me about the conecpt
> Zope action objects!

cant guide you, but I can point you towards them and say "explore Davy
Crockett"

~runyaga