[Zope-CMF] Eliminating the /Members directory?

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:14:16 -0500

> I'm wondering what can be done to eliminate the /Members directory in the
CMF.

why?  its quite nice for people to have sandboxes.

> Basically I want to have people be able to contribute documents, news
> items, articles, and other document types, but I don't want those
documents
> to be stored in the /Members/username -- I want them to be stored in /news
> and /articles and /policies. User accounts should be able to come and go,
> but what the user creates should stay. Does this make sense? Has anyone
> else done this with the CMF, or did you just roll-your-own content
> management system in Zope?

this is absolutely trivial using Workflow's to move the object after a
transition.  please look
at zopelabs, DCWorkflow documentation and how tranistions work (the top
level objects
available in your TALES)

~runyaga