[Zope-CMF] Eliminating the /Members directory?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
09 Aug 2002 18:31:08 -0400

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 14:42, David Elfstrom wrote:
> I'm wondering what can be done to eliminate the /Members directory in the CMF.
>
> Basically I want to have people be able to contribute documents, news
> items, articles, and other document types, but I don't want those documents
> to be stored in the /Members/username -- I want them to be stored in /news
> and /articles and /policies. User accounts should be able to come and go,
> but what the user creates should stay. Does this make sense? Has anyone
> else done this with the CMF, or did you just roll-your-own content
> management system in Zope?

Two things:

  - Turn off member folder creation in the membership tool;  members
    won't have the folder.

  - Give the users the "Owner" local role in the specific folders
    where you want them to add content.

That's it.

Tres.