[Zope-CMF] upgrade to 1.3 leaves docs without portal_type

george donnelly george@zettai.net
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:20:03 -0500

I found a post by Chris M on this (see below)
< http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1315527 >

... and I appreciate the tip but i wonder if someone would elaborate on how
to turn this info into a solution. tia.

"Evidently CMF 1.2 used to automatically set an object's portal_type
to its meta_type if it didn't exist.  This no longer happens in 1.3.
So you need to explicitly declare a portal_type on these objects.
The simplest way to do this is "portal_type = meta_type = 'Type'"

regards,
george donnelly
http://zettai.net/
zettai: zope hosting and dynamic websites