[Zope-CMF] authentication problems upgrade to 1.3

george donnelly george@zettai.net
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:18:13 -0500

hi

Still in the upgrading to CMF 1.3 process and when i login to the CMF site
the cookies _ac and _ac_name get set (verified, using IE5.13 mac) and my
username shows up on the page as it should, but as soon as i load another
page, the page shows me as anon and i am unable to access restricted parts
of the site. despite the fact that the cookies are set and that the user is
a manager.

any ideas on why this is happening? does this have anything to do with the
bugfix for collector item 14 (change frm basic to Basic)

btw i'm writing up a document on the upgrade and will post it when i'm
finished. install.txt is simply inadequate. is there a way i can work with
the developers in the future so that every single little change in CMF gets
logged and the implications for site maintainers is clear? I'm willing to
write up upgrade docs for future versions. Please let me know what the best
way for me to join the process is. thanks.

regards,
george donnelly
http://zettai.net/
zettai: zope hosting and dynamic websites