[Zope-CMF] User Specific Sites?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
14 Aug 2002 16:08:30 -0400

On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 15:55, Learned wrote:
> I'm evaluating ZOPE with CMF as a tool for creating an
> extranet site. Based on who is accessing the site, we
> would like to alter the content that is displayed. In
> a majority of cases, this will be merely restricting,
> or making available sections of the site. In looking
> at the acl_list security options, it looks like I
> could do this on an individual basis. Is there anyway
> that I could implement the equivilent of group level
> security so I could restrict/allow an entire department
> for example?

In stock Zope you might implement this notion using roles, where each
role would correspond to a department.  The "View" permission would
then be given to the particular roles you want to grant access to.

There are add-on user folders which implement groups directly;  I think
I recall that Nuxeo released one this year.

Tres.