[Zope-CMF] Setting up a Virtual Host Monster

Chris Larsen chris@silentcooperative.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:45:34 -0700

I'm currently have the mod_rewrite + virtual host monster going on but
am having an issue that I have to log in twice whenever I get a
secondary request, like a background image for example.  Any ideas
here??

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-cmf-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-cmf-admin@zope.org] On Behalf
Of Gilles Lenfant
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 3:51 PM
To: zope-cmf@zope.org; mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] Setting up a Virtual Host Monster

Try this...
It assumes Apache has mod_rewrite and is listening to IP 205.38.40.87
Zope listens to port 8080 on IP 205.38.40.88 on a remote server

<VirtualHost 205.38.40.87>
   # Your IP above
  ServerName www.company.com
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://205.38.40.88:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.company.com:80/company
/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P]
  # Other usual options
</VirtualHost>

Warning : The line starting with RewriteRule may be cut by the mail
transpost.

Perhaps you should upgrade Apache to 1.3.24(+) that fixes a mod_rewrite
bug that raised problems to some CMF sites.

HTH

--Gilles