[Zope-CMF] Zope webserver root???

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:22:13 +0100

Braun Brelin wrote:

> Where is the Zope webserver root dir configured?

What do you mean by configured?

> I've created a new folder with CMF called DocManage
> and I've modified some of the files in the portal
> skins under the DocManage folder.

What do you eman by 'modified' and 'files'? Do you mean through the ZMI or on
the filesystem?

> I can't however, seem to find the modified files.  I
> can find the original files under the
> Product/CMFDefault directory, but where are the
> modified files?

Ah, okay, they're stored in a file called Data.fs in your Zope install's var
directory. Zope stores its information in the ZODB, which I think is where
you're getting confused...

> The problem is that I can't find a directory or a file
> name called DocManage anywhere on my system
> (Using find . -name DocManage.  I've also tried
> find . -name "DocManage.*" and find . -name
> "DocManage*.*" where the command originates in /)

That's 'cos no such directory exists ;-) It's all in Data.fs...

Why are you curious?

cheers,

Chris