[Zope-CMF] Title() and page reloading

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:36:08 +0200

Pawel Lewicki writes:
 > I've got a problem. For a while I thought I got rid of it but I was wrong.
 > I have a box with links to personal documents of the specific types. The
 > problem occurs when I want to show the titles of the documents as the ids
 > have limited charset. I do it like this:
 >
 > localFolder=context.portal_membership.getHomeFolder()
 >
 > As the result the page is being continuously reloaded.
I agree with Chris that the (snipped away) code above looks horrifying
(hint: use the "%" operator rather than "+" and "str").

But it does not cause a continous reload. This problems lies elsewhere.

  Check your "Z2.log" file to learn precisely what requests are made
  against Zope.

  If that does not give you a hint,
  use a TCP logger (e.g. Shane's TCPWatch) to analyse the interaction
  between the browser and Zope.

Dieter