[Zope-CMF] WebDAV files become "File", not "Portal File"

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
20 Aug 2002 09:42:51 -0400

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 04:16, Chris Withers wrote:
> Joel Burton wrote:
> > I've added a content-type-registry to a folder, hoping to change all
> > WebDAV/FTP uploaded objects to "PortalFile" (rather than letting them
> > become Document, etc.)
>
> IIRC, content-type-registry's are tools/service type things and, as such, only
> one of them can exist per CMF Site.
>
> I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

Heh, *ding!*.

Seriously, the ContentTypeRegistry *can* be added at any folder within a
CMF site;  each one creates a "policy zone" for its mappings.  This tool
is designed for such use (as is the CachingPolicyManager).

Tres.