[Zope-CMF] Re: concerns regarding plone

Tim Hoffman timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au
21 Aug 2002 09:55:57 +0800

Except that I have an internal Plone site based on code from about 6
weeks ago. I tried just dropping the latest plone 1.0Aplha 3 yesterday
and it site wouldn't even render the first page.

However plain CMF (and the sites I have built on it) still manage to
work (mostly) between 1.2 and 1.3.

I am loathe to use Plone for significant work at the moment, as I really
don't want to put something up, that requires heaps of rework/debugging
to get the the 1.0 release, when that becomes available.  Plone needs a
stable API definition, maybe it has that now, (but between 6 weeks ago
and now) that doesn't appear to be the case. (Just the fact on the
download page it talks about the excrutiating pain one will go through
upgrading between Plone releases is enough to put me off ;-)

Rgds

Tim