[Zope-CMF] updating portal_catalog in Plone

Alma Chao alma_chao@asat.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:42:27 -0700

Hi,

I have a python script that modifies the meta data of some objects in a
folder.  In the script, I do a context.catalog.index_object (someObj).
However, when I create a portal topic to search for that object, it doesn't
show up until I go into the portal_catalog/Advanced and do an "Update
Catalog".  I didn't mind doing this a while ago, but my catalog is getting
pretty big so it's taking longer and longer to update it.

Is there some way to keep the catalog updated as I index objects instead of
updating the entire catalog at once using python?

Thanks,

Alma Chao