[Zope-CMF] Toggle skins - Recipe Updated

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:37:35 -0400 (EDT)

On 23 Aug 2002, Tres Seaver wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 13:20, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> > On Sexta 23 Agosto 2002 13:55, Tres Seaver wrote:
> > | I would probably avoid doing a 1.3.1 release at the moment;  the one
> > | bugfix which might warrant a release is not for a "glaring" problem).
> > |
> > | *Most* of the changes since the release are on the head;  *some* of the
> > | changes on the CMF-1_3-branch look inappropriate (e.g., there is a bunch
> > | of new features added to CMFEvent),
> >
> > Ops, thats my fault :( Should I revert? I was not sure about how to do it,
> > because it seemed like it wouldnt affect anything existing, then I checked it
> > into branch too.
>
> I didn't mean to scold;  I *do* think that resisting the temptation to
> add stuff on the release branch makes it easier to do a trivial bugfix
> release:  people should be able to deploy such a release knowing that it
> contains only "important" and "safe" bugfixes.

FWIW, based on the discussion we've been having about Zope hotfixes, the
bugfix-only rule is quite important.  If we find a security issue in a
released version of CMF (or Zope), we need to be able to immediately
release a new third-dot release without any fears that it will break
sites.

Shane