[Zope-CMF] how to give certain users the ability to publish their own content?

george donnelly george@zettai.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:05:52 -0500

hi all,

How can I do this in a CMF or Plone site?:

Give certain users the ability to publish their own content, of only type X.
For example that users with the role "PublishXItem" be able to add and
publish (only) a CMF content type of "XItem". They woulddn't be Reviewers,
they would just be able to review one particular content type.

Given that adding any content created ttw in portal_types is all covered by
the same permission (as far as i can see...?)

I thought about putting all these XItems in Folder XItemFolder and giving
the certain users the localrole of Reviewer, but then user X could do stuff
to the objects of user Y.

The other option i've thought about is creating a simple CMF product for
this just to get the ability to give the users with PublishXItem role this
perm and deny it to others, but i thought there might be a simpler way.

any ideas?

regards,
george donnelly
http://zettai.net/
zettai: zope hosting and dynamic websites