[Zope-CMF] Page view without CMF framing

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 23:30:47 -0700

Can I selectively view a CMF node without the CMF html framing?

I'm playing with htmldoc and html2pdf with an eye to generating PDF
versions of CMFWiki pages.  It works rather nicely, however the rendered
PDF encludes the CMF title bar, side boxes, etc.  For obvious reasons I
don't want that cruft in the PDF.

  Note: Plone handles this area for printing via a media="print" CSS
  which drops display of the offending bits.  The problem here is that
  htmldoc doesn't understand CSS.

The apparency is that I need to manipulate skins in an interesting
fashion.  I don't want to change the global skin, just the skin for a
specific link/version of a node -- but I don't see how to do that yet.

  HTMLDOC: http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc/
  html2pdf.py: http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski/howtoPDF/

--
J C Lawrence