[Zope-CMF] content type problem

Jochen Haeberle listen@mail.midras.de
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:26:05 +0200

Hi list,

after lurking in the dark, playing and testing for quite a while, I
am now doing my first site using CMF 1.3 and Plone 1.0a4 on Zope 2.5.1

I tried to reuse content as of the docs in
http://plone.org/documentation/RepurposingContent by limi, but had
some problems...

I did everything as to the doc (where possible, things seem to have
changed  a bit since the writing...). It seems to work but saving my
new content type does not work... when I look at the source of the
page created when editing my content the edit-for has a action
pointing to the form again, although I set it to my edit-script.

Sounds a bit complicated, eh??

I created a content type "Tipps" in portal_types. Product Meta-Type =
Tipps, Product Name = CMF Default, Product factory method =
addDocument, initial view name = tipp _edit_form.

Actions are copied from the basic Document ones: tipp_view,
tipp_edit_form. Additionally, I copied validate_document_edit to
validate_tipp_edit as told in the doc.

I guess I did all changes to the files as neccessary, nevertheless I
cannot save my changed conent. An empty tipp-conent will be created
and I can edit that in the ZMI but not using CMF/Plone

I would like to show all my tipps on a seperate page. My idea was to
change the meta-type to "Tipp" and use the "News"-page as a basis.
But how do I change the meta-type of such a content type? Looking at
my catalog, the meta-type is still "Document", but the type is
"Tipp". So I tried to change the selection statement to

tal:define="results
python:container.portal_catalog(type='Tipp',sort_on='modified',sort_order='reverse',review_state='published');

This does give some result, but unfortunately, it also shows
published news items... I guess only the review_state does anything
useful...

Could someone please give me a hand on this???

thanks in advance

Jochen