[Zope-CMF] Moving Items with Workflow

Ryan P. de Vega rpd4972@hbu.edu
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:23:32 -0500

dieter@handshake.de writes:
>  When a published object is "revised", it is copied.
>  Changes are done on the copy. The original in not affected.
>  When the copy is released, it changes the published object's content
>  and is then deleted.
>
>  Object being revised are in state "under revision", its copy is
>  a "is revision".
>
>  Copying and overriding is done in External Methods integrated
>  as workflow scripts.

I like that!  That is a slick way of doing it!  I am not quite sure for
the need for such complexity, but if it works ... I'm interested!  As far
as I can tell it gets from point A to B just like my idea does, just in a
different method.  Has this been officially packaged yet or is it a bunch
of code buried in a conference somewhere?  Please let me know where to get
started with this.

Thanks for your input Dieter ... please keep it coming.

Sincerely,
Ryan de Vega
Programmer, Database Support
Houston Baptist University