[Zope-CMF] How to enable the indexing of folderish portal objects?

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 06:56:39 -0500

To allow the portal_types machinery to create new types, without the need of
writing custom objects, it would be cool that there aren't objects behaving
differently, just because they don't qualify to be considered content. I
mean, if they can store metadata, they should be autocalatogued like
everything else.

Take this as an example: I'd like to create "portlets" or "boxes", and I
think they can be made out of skinned folders and/or topics, conveniently
arranged. If I want them to be created/proposed by any portal member, I need
them to behave like normal contentish objects, and to be found via-catalog.

What changes would be needed to allow CMFDefault to perform this?

Thanks in advance,

Ausum