[Zope-CMF] Why can't I search for a document that contains a number rather than a word?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
03 Dec 2002 00:59:04 -0500

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 00:33, suresh_vv wrote:
> I am doing a search for a number (like 21) which is present in the
> Description field of a document. It is not returned in the search. If
> I search for any words (alphabetic) then the document is found in the
> search.
>
> I am using CMF 1.3

The "classic" Zope TextIndex uses a splitter which drops numbers,
like "stop words", in the bit bucket (by desgin).

As a workaround, you could investigate replacing the Description index
with an alternative (ZCTextIndex, TextIndexNG) which might be more
friendly to using numbers in your query.

Tres.