[Zope-CMF] New product and meta_type and portal_catalog

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 22:33:27 +0100

Pascal Samuzeau writes:
 > As I told you before, I've tested with and without manage_afterAdd.
 > With manage_afterAdd, MyProduct is not catalogued.
You must really be much more careful what you write.

Because, you wrote on Dec 3:
> 1- MyProduct without manage_afterAdd
> 2- MyProduct with manage_afterAdd
>
> In the first one, it seems to not be catalogued, in the second one, it
> is.

Thus, on Dec 3, you say "with manage_afterAdd it is catalogued"
and on Dec 4, you say "with manage_afterAdd it is not catalogued".

Such contradictions should not happen....

I rechecked what I said in my earlier mail and found out that
I have been wrong.

"PortalFolder" (and I expect, "SkinnedFolder", too) inherits
"manage_afterAdd" and "manage_beforeDelete" from "CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware".
This is good.

"PortalFolder" redefines the cataloguing methods "indexObject", "reindexObject"
and "unindexObject" to do nothing.

Thus, it should be sufficient, when you define these methods
in your product to be again the one of "CMFCatalogAware".

Dieter