[Zope-CMF] New product and meta_type and portal_catalog

Pascal Samuzeau samuzeau@oreka.com
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 09:12:27 +0100

Hi,

Thank you to be patient with me and the help you give to me.

Now, with your help I've found a solution. I called "CMFCatalogAware"
and everything looks good.

But now, I want to understand a little more and tells you my feeling.

1- Type and meta_type:

I have tried to understand why there are those 2 attributes, and why
we must use it. But still now I can't, because why not to let the
meta_type as an attribute for an class's object as an usual attribute?
Even if it is to have a readable human attibutes.

2- CMFCatalogAware.

Sorry, but here it cannot be understand by my logical (or non logical)
brain.

What I want to do, as an user developper(not as a Zope's developper),
is to create a class's object. If I need some methods, I rewrite them
or write them only. But why should I care about the method of my
parent's inherit in this case ?

I mean, when I use of the ZMI, I want to add a new object's product. I
hope in this case that all will be fine. If my object must be
catalogued, why the ZMI called manage_afterAdd of my proper object?

If it does, something is wrong to my logical way, because it is not
logical to try to catalogued an object with a method that I am able to
overwrite.

Or I must not be able to owerwrite this method, nor another method
must be apply to catalog my object.

Am I wrong to think that way ?

Cheers
PS
Oreka ! Nous sommes l'internet moins cher !
Surfez 25% moins cher avec http://www.oreka.com