[Zope-CMF] Resource limits in Zope???

Braun Brelin bbrelin@yahoo.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:24:38 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

I'm running into a strange problem with Zope.  I've
written an external method that takes, as it's
argument, a postscript file and then calls
/usr/bin/ps2pdf and translates it into a pdf file for
viewing on the browser.

The problem seems to be that the method only works for
files of a certain size.  I.e. small files work, files
of > than 100K (or thereabouts) don't work. I'm
getting errors in standard python methods such as
string.count() and re.search().  Literally, it doesn't
pass the data to the python method.  the count()
method gets an attribute error and the re.search
method gets an "expected string or buffer" error.
Note that this works great on smaller size files.

I heard that Zope limits external method resources in
order to prevent DoS attacks.  Is this what's going on
here?  If so, is there a way to overcome or change
these limits?

Thanks,

Braun Brelin