[Zope-CMF] Re: Track modifications in Zope

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:43:30 -0800

I believe this is from a discussion we had on the list quite a while
ago.. Before CMF 1.3 was released. I was looking for ways to control
the modification date held in the catalog and displayed to the user.

A couple of things came of this discussion. First, modification_date
was broken out as a distinct attribute for each item in the catalog and
is no longer dependent upon bobobase_modification_time(). This date can
be changed via;

object.setModificationDate(date)

The second; My need to change _p_mtime was eliminated because it was
modification time that I really wanted to change/control in the first
place.

Hope that helps... If not you can post your question to the list and
see if anyone has other points of view.

~C

On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 02:25  AM, Cornel Nitu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to track modifications of all objects from my site, but I don't
> know when _p_mtime is set.
> Recently I found your following question. Do you have an answer to this
> "tricky" question?
>

>> Has anyone on the list ever 'set' the modification or other date
>> attributes on an object in the ZODB? I've looked at the
>> bobobase_modification_time() call and found it looks at an
>> attribute [_p_mtime] for an object, but have yet to discover what
>> controls the setting of that attribute, or if that is the attribute
>> to set?
>
>> I'm familiar with changing these on items in a file system, but
>> performing the same task on an object in the ZODB has me stumped
>> right now.
>>
>> ~C
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cornel

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution and Process Consulting
cer@sol43.com
sol43.com