[Zope-CMF] New product an d =?iso-8859-1?q?meta=5Ftype?= and =?iso-8859 -1?q?portal=5Fcatalog?=

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:29:19 +0100

In article <200212090743.IAA98335@mailhub1.isdnet.net> you write:
> It just sounds me that the CMFCatalogAware's
> manage_afterAdd method is not in his right place. It must be outside
> of CMFCatalogAware.

That's the problem with multiple inheritance when we don't have (yet)
the use of super(). CMFCatalogAware is a mixin class, so its
manage_afterAdd method has no way to cooperate with others that would be
defined in other base classes of the inheriting class...
super() solves that but we don't have it in python 2.1.3.

About the placement of this method, it's mainly historical.

Florent