[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: Easier maintenance than through management iface?

martin f krafft madduck@madduck.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:22:35 +0100

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

also sprach Paul Winkler <pw_lists@slinkp.com> [2002.12.20.0032 +0100]:
> Just to be sure you "get it" - you can add folders=20
> and skin paths to your portal_skins tool, but when the next version
> of CMF is released, you can install the new CMF and all of the skin
> stuff that comes with it is immediately available to you *without*
> affecting *any* of the stuff you've customized.  If it was easy
> to directly edit the skin stuff provided with CMF or Plone, you'd
> probably do it eventually just to change one little thing. Then upgrading
> CMF or Plone would be a nightmare.=20

Thanks, I am getting there. At the very least, I managed to change the
'skin' to corporate and back.

It has a check box: 'Allow arbitrary skins to be selected' -- does
this mean that users can apply the skin of their choice to the
website? How?

--=20
  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck
=20
NOTE: The pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc
=20
sum quod eris.

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI