[Zope-CMF] Disabling registration form

Francis Barnhart franimal@speakeasy.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:39:34 -0500

Rather than editing the skin, what you really want to do is change the
'Add portal member' permission so that Anonymous users (at least) connot
add themselves as members. This is changed by going to the root folder
of your CMF and selecting the 'Security' tab. For this to work you may
have to uncheck the 'Acquire permission settings' box.

If you look at the 'portal_registration' tool you'll see that the Join
action will only display if the user is not a member and has permission
to add portal members. So if you change the permissions the skin will
auto-magically not show the join link. This is also a lot easier than
editing any of the skins and more secure.

If you want to be able to add members yourself you'll want to allow
Member, Manager, Owner, etc to add portal members, this depends on the
roles that your user has.

Francis